ADSM-L

Netware client

1997-01-16 11:57:26
Subject: Netware client
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 11:57:26 EST
Hi all,
We have mainly run ADSM on all our OS/2 Lan servers until recently
venturing into the Netware world.  We just installed ADSM 2.1.6 on
a Netware 3.12 server, and the first full backup backed up every
drive in the attached CD Tower.  We are not specifying a DOMAIN
parameter in the DSM.OPT file.  I thought the default was ALL-Local,
and that excluded  attached CD drives.  On our OS/2 servers, the
default is all local, and CD drives are automatically excluded.  What
should I be doing different?
Question 2:  Why does the DSM.OPT file have this in it:
*  Recommended exclude list for NetWare
*  -------------------------------------------------------
*
*  NetWare 3.x specific - use the INCR BINDERY or SEL BINDERY
*  command to backup the bindery; exclude the real bindery
*  files:
* EXCLUDE          sys:\system\net$obj.sys
* EXCLUDE          sys:\system\net$prop.sys
* EXCLUDE          sys:\system\net$val.sys
Why exclude these and back it up manually?  I noticed if we dont
exclude these, they get backed up, which is, what I'd think, you'd
want.