ADSM-L

File restores

1997-01-16 10:02:46
Subject: File restores
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:02:46 -0600
This is a general question about file restores, paltform is MVS server :

If a client (server/workstation) needs to have a file restored and is
having problems and needs an ADSM administrator assistance you can:

1) Via telephone, e-mail, let them know how to do it
2) Visit their site to perform restore.
3) If a server, assuming that you have logon privileges, logon to that
server and restore their files.

Am I missing something here?   Is there a way an adminstartor can
restore files for all clients from a central point, (a PC) using GUI or
something while physically remaining at one location?  I can see a
problem with some inexperienced customers and what about 24hr
support for restores?  We of course have operators 7/24 but if one piont
of logon to be able to help all clients is not availible, how are other
companies handling this?  What about other 3rd party products like
SAM:Expert?

 Please let me know if I am missing something there or not.  Thanks Jane

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
University of Minnesota
(612) 624-4883