ADSM-L

NetwareClient low memory

1997-01-14 11:25:54
Subject: NetwareClient low memory
From: Matthias Brasch <100673.411 AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:25:54 -0500
Hi ADSM'ers,

I'm trying to do an catastrohic restore of a
complete Netware-server volume ( about 350.000 files ).
After some time running the client brings out the
message 'your system is low on memory...'.
( examinating about 170.000 files )
I'm prompted to free resources.
The server has 130MB of memory and nearly nothing
other running than the ADSM-Client.
How can I reduce the resources needed for ADSM.
Notice : the server isn't restoring yet, he
is still querying the database.
I don't think that turning the TX??-parameters will help.
I know I could split the restore-process into smaller
pieces but that wouldn't be 'state of the art' i think.
Client level is lvl5, Server is MVS.
Anyone any idea ???

Best regards,
Matthias Brasch, HEW-Hamburg, M_Brasch AT compuserve DOT com