ADSM-L

ADSM Newbie questions

1997-01-14 05:19:07
Subject: ADSM Newbie questions
From: "Wood, Darren" <DWood AT HOF.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:19:07 -0000
Hello everybody,
                       Having been thrown in at the deep end and given
the task of implementing ADSM ( with only the manuals to read ) I've
finally come up gasping for air and with a few questions.

Please forgive me if these questions are basic but any help/pointing me
in the right direction for answers would be gratefully appreciated.

1. Am I right in assuming that the procedure for a 'Bare metal restore'
of the ADSM server after a disaster is as follows :-
      i)    Re-install the ADSM server onto new system.
      ii)   Increase the size of the d/b & recovery log to that of the
original.
      iii)  Restore the volhist, dev config & server option files.
      iv)  Restore the ADSM d/b.
      v)   Change status of all stg volumes not off-site to destroyed.
      vi)  Change status of all off-site volumes to readwrite.
      vii) Restore Primary stg volumes.

2. Would the import/export be useful in a disaster recover position ?

3. Once a ADSM d/b backup has been performed can a copy of this backup
be taken to enable a copy to be sent off-site ?

4. While testing I got the following message every time I made a client
to server connection.
TcpOpen() : setsockopt (SO_SNDBUF) : errno = 74
TcpOpen() : setsockopt (SO_RCVBUF) : errno = 74
TcpOpen() : setsockopt failed to open on one or more options
Does anybody know why this is happening ?

My set up is
ADSM server & client V2.1.0.1
IBM SP2 all nodes AIX  4.1.4 connected through a High speed switch.

Thanks in advance.

          Darren