ADSM-L

Solaris system recovery

1997-01-14 07:56:34
Subject: Solaris system recovery
From: Gavin Ring/AALC/AlcatelAustralia <gavin.ring AT ALCATEL.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 12:56:34 +0000
Has anyone encountered a problem when trying  to recover the /usr partition on
a Sun
box running Solaris 2.4.

We have found that there are 2 files in /usr/lib that are open at the time of
the recovery.

1. /usr/lib/libc.so.1
2. /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1

The ADSM recovery crashes and these files are corrupted.

The system is then inoperable and unable to boot.

We have identified these files and excluded them from backup however, we
would like to know if anyone has tested full system recoveries on different
versions of Solaris/Sunos/HPUX/Digital Unix and had similar problems.

We are running the ADSM restores using the 2.1.06 client.

The Redbook describing ADSM client bare metal restores does not mention how to
recover a Solaris/Sunos
etc.... system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gavin Ring