ADSM-L

2 notes servers in the same domain

1997-01-13 14:01:44
Subject: 2 notes servers in the same domain
From: Marcus Amaral <marcus AT TREM.CNT.ORG DOT BR>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:01:44 -0300
I have 2 notes servers in the same domain, one as the primary server and
the other as a secundary server, which are name the following:
servidor_sest/dex and servidor2_sest/dex.

In my main server (servidor_sest) I have all my connections (dial-up) with
other 30 Notes servers.  This server has 2 phone lines connected to 2
modems, and these lines are setup so that you  only dial to  one number and
if one is busy, it connects you to the other modem automatically. I have
another third line, with the same service on my primary server, which is
connected to my secondary server. In other words:  My secondary server
(servidor2_sest/dex) receives calls that would originally be destined to my
primary server (servidor_sest/dex).

What I want to do is the following: when the secondary (servidor2_sest/dex)
server connected with some other server and, if there was mail pending
transmission on the mail.box of the primary server (servidor_sest/dex) the
secondary server would send the pending messages as well as replicate the
databases its supposed to.

I know I can replicate the databases if I make replicas of them in the
secondary server and have these replicate with the primary server.  What I
didn't want to do have duplicate databases on two servers of my domain.

Is there any way I can achieve this?

TIA,,

Marcus Amaral