ADSM-L

moving from NoCollocation to Collocation

1997-01-13 08:58:32
Subject: moving from NoCollocation to Collocation
From: Matthias Brasch <100673.411 AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:58:32 -0500
Hi to all ADSM'ers,

when I started working with ADSM I defined the destination storage pool
(tape) to be an pool without
collocation.
Meanwhile I've seen that a restore of many files requires
many tapes to be mounted because only a part of the tape
consists info of the node I want files to be restored for.
So my question is :

Is it possible to move data from no-collocation to collocation ?
Could this be done by export/import node ?

Anyone any idea ?

Best regards,
Matthias Brasch, HEW-Hamburg Germany, M_Brasch AT compuserve DOT com