ADSM-L

Re: Region on MVS

1997-01-10 15:14:14
Subject: Re: Region on MVS
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:14:14 -0500
Dianne / Julie,
        I found that the larger region size mainly helped in conjunction with
increasing the BUFPOOLSIZE and LOGPOOLSIZE.  Check the detailed reports
on your LOG and DB (Q LOG F=D and Q DB F=D)... For the DB, the higher
the cache hit ratio the better... I try to keep ours at 98-99% or
better.  As far as the LOG, check the log pool pct  wait field...
increase the logpoolsize if this indicates anything other than 0.00.  At
one point, when we were still running ADSM on MVS, our DB cache hit
ratio dropped to about 86-88% and the performance suffered noticeably.
I increased the BUFPOOLSIZE  (think I doubled it), recycled ADSM, and
the cache hit ratio went back up and performance improved markedly.
When we moved off of MVS our BUFPOOLSIZE was set to 32768, LOGPOOLSIZE
was 16834, and region size on our primary ADSM server was 128MB.

Hope this helps...
Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com