ADSM-L

Re: HSM for NT

1997-01-10 09:14:00
Subject: Re: HSM for NT
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:14:00 +0100
Hi Tim,
My apologies, you are probably correct.
I think the Wang representative who told me about the Netware server was
thinking about their AvailHSM while I was talking about OPEN/Stor. Their
Storage Homepage is also not very clear about the difference between the two
products. When zooming in on OPEN/Stor features your suddenly end up in
AvailHSM pages! This probably caused my confusion too.
Still I hope (and I will post is as a requirement on the next Storage Guide
Europe meeting) IBM will make a genuine ADSM HSM client. I am afraid IBM will
continue to make it's API available and let others create the interface to it!
(for example the AS/400 client)
Is somebody of the ADSM development willing to tell us about the HSM clients
that are under development or for which there are plans for development?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon