ADSM-L

Re: Beginner question: simple backup to two EXB10 libraries

1997-01-10 02:05:59
Subject: Re: Beginner question: simple backup to two EXB10 libraries
From: Konrad Bauer <KBauer9961 AT AOL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 02:05:59 -0500
Check "Installing the Server and Administrative Client, SH35-0136", which
will guide you through installation and configuration, including information
about libraries.

Cheers,  Konrad

<<  In one recent comp.unix.aix posting, Ole Nielsen described my
    situation very well:

         ... configuring the ADSM server can be a nightmare.  There is
         an installation manual, but it only covers selected, simple
         topics.  And it doesn't define the terminology, so you often
         don't understand what the whole thing is about.  There is no
         such thing as a "ADSM Server Tutorial" manual, ... You can
         read the ADSM server manual only if you already know ADSM
         inside out, a real boot-strap problem...

    I'm in this very situation now.  I'm beginning to understand the
    ADSM philosophy, but a Dump-vs-ADSM translation and/or a Beginner's
    guide would really help.