ADSM-L

Re: 6656-01 Netware Bare Metal restore

1997-01-08 16:24:38
Subject: Re: 6656-01 Netware Bare Metal restore
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:24:38 -0500
Jerry,
        Some Netware maintenance/patches do get applied to the C: drive,
especially in Netware 3.12.  Here a couple of other options...

1) Use the NWSHELL utility, which allows you to access the local C:
drive from the Netware console... you can copy the necessary files to
one of your Netware volumes which would get backed up by ADSM.  this
could later be copied back to the C: drive after ADSM restores that
Netware volume  - this would reapply any maintenance that did go on the
C: drive as well as recovering your STARTUP.NCF file

2) Create a bootable DOS diskette with the necessary network drivers to
attach to a Netware server, then boot the server from the diskette,
login to another Netware server and copy the contents of the C: drive to
the other server.  This would only need to be done when Netware
maintenance was done that changed something on the C: drive and could
even be automated via a batch file on the bootable DOS diskette.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com