ADSM-L

audit DB?

1996-12-27 08:36:39
Subject: audit DB?
From: John O'Neall <jon AT in2p3 DOT fr>
To: ADSM List <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 14:36:39 +0100 (MET)
Is there any command equivalent to "audit db", just to ask ADSM to go out
and check on the DB and log volumes?

In order to test a new version of ADSM (2.1.0.10) before putting it into
production, I recently installed a small test server (default storage
pools + one exabyte).  I also mirrored the DB and log into /tmp.  Then I
erased the /tmp/DB entry and filled /tmp with junk data.  That was 24
hours ago and ADSM still hasn't noticed.  Granted, this is a fake
situation.  Nothing is happening to fill up the log, which is what I
suppose is necessary in order to force a write to the DB.  Still, it might
happen over holidays.

Any reply would be helpful.  TIA.  John
John O'Neall                     e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
John O'Neall                     e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3      phone:   +33 (0)4 78 93 08 80
Villeurbanne, France             fax:     +33 (0)4 78 94 30 54