ADSM-L

Duplicate Netware DSMC.NLM processes

1997-01-02 16:53:29
Subject: Duplicate Netware DSMC.NLM processes
From: Dianne Sharp <DSHARP AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 10:53:29 +1300
Does anyone know whether under Netware 4.x it is possible to run 2
instances of DSMC.NLM with different names, so that one can be
"unloaded" without disturbing the other one?  I tried just copying the
NLM and renaming it, but when trying to unload it, it still knows it as
DSMC.

The reason I want to try this is because we have DSMC running all the
time for the scheduled events.  Our Help Desk also load DSMC via
RCONSOLE for doing restores, but if the response to a command is taking
a long time and they want to cancel out of it, they cannot do this via
Control-C, even though other people seem to be able to.

Dianne Sharp
Operations Analyst
ISS CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Ext 4208