ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Listening and Usability

1997-01-02 10:29:44
Subject: Re: ADSM Listening and Usability
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 10:29:44 -0500
On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Paul L. Bradshaw wrote:

| To find out more,
| ADSM sessions are held at many major computer conferences on a regular
| basis (Guide, Share, Storage Symposiums, special road-shows in an area
| near you, etc.) and the trends and directions are usually part of these
| sessions.  I encourage you to follow our Web page to see when one might
| be coming your way.  Hopefully we are going to be addressing many of your
| needs in our next release.

I would strongly encourage you to get involved in attending some of the
USENIX Conferences.  At least make sure you get someone to the LISA
Conference.  Thousands turn out for this annual, week-long conference held
in the Fall.  This is not just another circus like Interop, but real
administrators who come to learn and share admin experiences with others.
There were quite a few vendors this past year, but only 1 or 2 of them
dealt with enterprise backups--lousy ones at that.  You can get more info
from http:///www.usenix.org.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development