ADSM-L

Re: client configuration NT - AIX

1996-12-31 08:13:20
Subject: Re: client configuration NT - AIX
From: Andy Raibeck <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 05:13:20 PST
> We are using ADSM 2.1 running on an AIX 4.1.4 server. The problem is that I
> cannot make the NT and AIX clients to archive the whole disks (or file
> systems).
>
> I have tried * and *.* in NT, and / and /* in AIX. The SUBDIR option is set
> to yes in dsm.opt in the clients.

On NT, to archive a disk volume, you have to specify the drive letter for
each disk you wish to archive, i.e.:

      ARCHIVE C:\* D:\* E:\*

etc.

Likewise, on AIX, you need to specify each file system you wish to archive,
i.e.:

      ARCHIVE /* /usr/* /home/*

etc.

Note that subdirectories are also processed because of the SUBDIR option in
your ADSM options file. Alternatively, you can append the -SUBDIR=YES option
to the above commands I mentioned.

One caveat: the ARCHIVE function does not actually archive directories. This
means that directories will be recreated when you run the RETRIEVE command,
so the correct directory attributes will not come back (this will most likely
be addressed in a future version of ADSM). File attributes will be retrieved
okay.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support