ADSM-L

2 Questions

1996-12-19 19:13:28
Subject: 2 Questions
From: Frank Rehor <Frank.Rehor AT CLOROX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:13:28 -0800
Hi everyone,

1) When I look at dsmsched.log on my HP Unix systems the time stamp is 3
hours ahead of the actual time.  The system time (when I issue 'date') is
the correct time.  It's as if dsmsched.log is registering EDT instead of
PDT (I'm in California).  Any ideas?

2) Right now our environment is a mixture of Token-Ring and Ethernet.  We
can get to any given platform via either path by using a unique name which
gets resolved in our DNS (e.g 'chico' gets to our Unix platform via
Ethernet and 'chico-tr' gets to the same platform via Token-Ring.  The
hostname is 'chico').  I currently use the nodename of 'chico'. At some
point down the road I may be forced to change to a different nodename to
get to the same hostname.  How does ADSM view this?  What name gets
recorded in the DB record?  If I have to change my nodename will the
previous backups be accessable from the host?  Will the nodename change be
totally transparent?

Thanks for any help.

Happy Holiday,

Frank Rehor