ADSM-L

Re: How are you all backing up MS Exchange Servers

1996-12-18 15:53:35
Subject: Re: How are you all backing up MS Exchange Servers
From: Bil McKinley <Bil_McKinley AT PCMAILGW.ML DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:53:35 EST
     We are using ADSM as the scheduling package via the
     CMD process.

     We shut down Exchange, then use BackupExec to do the
     actual backup of 'changed data' only rather than the
     whole Exchange database.

     At the end of the backup, another ADSM command will
     start up Exchange again.

     So far, it takes us 9 commands to get this accomplised.

     Bil McKinley
     BILMCKINLEY AT ML DOT COM
     Merrill Lynch & Co.
     212.647.2083