ADSM-L

[no subject]

1996-12-18 16:48:06
From: Matt Anglin <anglin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 16:48:06 -0500
Sorry for the confusion.  ADSM's HSM component and MVS's DFHSM (and
DFSMShsm) have no interaction.  But they do have a very tight connection
in what they do.  If you look at the functions of ADSM's HSM and those
of DFHSM, I think you'll see that both products do the same thing.  They
take old, unreferenced files from your active file system and put them in
secondary storage (leaving behind enough information to get the file back
if someone accesses it).  That's why they have a similar name.

Matt Anglin
ADSM (including, but not limited to, HSM) development