ADSM-L

Re: Through Put for MVS Server

1996-12-16 23:23:18
Subject: Re: Through Put for MVS Server
From: Laurie DEMAMIEL <Laurie.L.R.DeMamiel AT WOODSIDE.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 12:23:18 +0800
Dwight,

        You mentioned the OSA. Does that mean that you have had experience
using them ? We have had an OSA for some time but we had only the
Ethernet feature installed until recently. We are going to use the MVS
system as a ADSM server and we added FDDI features to the OSA so that
we could have greater throughput ie 100mbits/sec vs the 10mbits/sec
over Ethernet. Our OSA is connected to a switch, the switch supports
FDDI, 10Baset Ethernet and 100Baset Ethernet connections. We are not
getting anywhere near the the throughput we expected over 100Baset to
FDDI. We expected 3 mbytes/sec but are achieving considerably less.
If you are using the OSA, how do you have it set up ? What throughput
are you getting ? What version of TCP/IP ? Are you using Offload or
Passthrough processing ?
Any information you may have would be appreciated.
Regards
Laurie de Mamiel
Woodside Offshore Petroleum
Australia