ADSM-L

Through Put for MVS Server

1996-12-11 10:54:47
Subject: Through Put for MVS Server
From: Paul Jaffray <pjaffray AT EARTHLINK DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 10:54:47 -0500
I am just setting up an MVS ADSM Server to test backing up various Novell,
Unix and NT systems.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone with a
similar environment as to what kind of through put they are getting.  Our
initial goal is to be able to backup 50Gb of data stored on an NT v4 server
in less than 12 hours.  Is this feasible, or am I wasting my time trying.

Our environment is MVS 5.2.2 with TCP/IP 3.1 and ADSM v2r1.  We have an
ESCON attached 3172-003 (running new IP Channel comm, not offload)
currently with a 10Mbit/s Ethernet interface.  We expect to be replacing
the ethernet card with a new ATM (155Mbit/s) interface.  We are also
planning on ESCON attached 3490E type tape drives.

Any information would be appreciated.

pdj

Paul D. Jaffray
The Toledo Hospital