ADSM-L

ADSM and Lotus Notes

1996-12-06 16:11:01
Subject: ADSM and Lotus Notes
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 16:11:01 EST
>The users guide for this states Lotus Notes 3.0 and higher are
>supported on the OS/2 platform.  Does anyone have experience with this
>they could share?
>
>Also what level of granularity is supported for incremental backup?
>Does it go to the field level?
>
>For IBM developers - are platforms other than OS/2 in the plans and
>when will they be available?   We are especially interested in NT.

Richard, I's suggest getting a copy of the ADSM redbook, Using ADSM
to Back Up Lotus Notes, SG24-4534, for details on how to implement
lotus notes.

The level of granuality is a "note" within an NSF database.  We recommend
in the redbook that you use a combination of the regular ADSM b/a client
that backs up the NSF databases a one file, and the Lotus Notes Agent
which backs up individual documents/notes in the database.

The requirement for the lotus notes agent on other platforms is understood.
The current direction is to support at least AIX and NT 1H97, but this is
not an official announcement and does not mean I'm committing IBM to this
date....thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM - SanJose)