ADSM-L

Re: adsm and automounter

1996-11-29 08:57:01
Subject: Re: adsm and automounter
From: Matthias Morche <morche AT CSD DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:57:01 +0100
Hello Karl,

 I have never used adsm to backup an automounted directory. But, is
/home/host1 a symbolic link to /tmp_mnt/home/host1? If it is not, try to
make it a symbolic link first. If that doesn't work, try "dsmc
incremental /home/host1/.". But I fear that won't work also. As far as I
know, ADSM looks through to mount table of Your host and does not find
anything named /home/host1. Maybe You should try to setup an include of
that directory tree into Your include/exclude list?

        Hope that helps, Matthias

Karl Roessmann wrote:

> Help.  Who has experience backing up automounted
> filesystems ?
>
> I want ADSM to backup AUTOMOUNTED filesystems in this
> way:
>         dsmc incremental /home/host1
>
> ADSM says: Invalid domain name.  But when I enter
>
>         dsmc incremental /tmp_mnt/home/host1
>
> But I don't want to use the mount point /tmp_mnt/... in
> backup or restore commands.
> I tried the automount option
>
>         automount /home/host1
>
> nothing changed.
> Any Ideas ?
>
> --
> Karl Roessmann
> Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart
> Heisenbergstr. 1
> 70506 Stuttgart
>
> Tel. +49-711-689-1657
> Fax. +49-711-689-1632
> email roess AT multix2.mpi-stuttgart.mpg DOT de

                                        Matthias Morche (morche AT csd DOT de)
                                        Matthias Morche (morche AT csd DOT de)
                                                Carl Schenck AG

                                        D-64273 Darmstadt, Germany