ADSM-L

Re: ADSM's lack of knowledge of IP addresses

1996-11-27 09:08:04
Subject: Re: ADSM's lack of knowledge of IP addresses
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:08:04 -0600
Item Subject: ADSM's lack of knowledge of IP addresses
     I AGREE 100 % Jerry !

     There is already a pseudo user name (the node name) and an associated
     password... if folks get picky about matching the IP address isn't
     that like saying I want a password for the password...
     If you really want to implement additional security just set up
     administrative commands that lock all nodes and unlock them just
     before scheduled events and re-lock them when done...

     Melinda, I would advise you to tell that group to quite giving their
     adsm password out to everyone and their dog !

     Also one could do the'ol my adsm node name is radically different than
     what the name server knows me as... then once again your security
     breakdown is at the level of loose lips...

     AND if it gets down to the point of you don't trust adsm
     administrators or specific node administrators then all I can say is:
     YOU"RE NOT PAYING THEM ENOUGH ! ! ! !

     later
          Dwight