ADSM-L

Re: Bug in Win31 client

1996-11-26 09:46:12
Subject: Re: Bug in Win31 client
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:46:12 EST
Jerry,

Thanks for the clarification.  Jeff Robbins also called me and clued me
into this excentricity.  I can see the "logic" of it now that its pointed
out to me, but I think this behavior is atypical of other ADSM restore
paths.  Certainly, there's nothing in the restore window or in the help
that explicitly explains this behavior.  IBM needs to find a better way
of illustrating this fact in the "restore by subdirectory" window.

Its more than a little embarassing to be sitting in a user's office, explaining
how wonderful ADSM is and how much they need it, and then can't make the
restore their files to the correct place.

Martha