ADSM-L

Re: Netware backup retention

1996-11-22 07:58:13
Subject: Re: Netware backup retention
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp/US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:58:13 -0500
Dianne,
        Archive, at least in the later ADSM client code, does support the
-subdir option so this sounds like your best option.  Regarding the
updating of the last modified day, keep in mind that ADSM relies on more
updating of the last modified day, keep in mind that ADSM relies on more
than the last modified date in determining whether a file has changed
since the last backup.  In any event, it might be worth running a few
tests to see if ADSM is backing up o these Payroll files when changes
are made - you can check this by having the incremental backup running
in Verbose mode and checking the schedule log afterwards.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com