ADSM-L

Backing up the 3494 control PC?

1996-11-21 16:29:07
Subject: Backing up the 3494 control PC?
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:29:07 -0800
For those of you who have 3494 tape libraries that are controlled
by an internal OS/2 box, I'm wondering how (if at all) you go
about backing up that machine?

I realize that there is a way in which you can manually back up
the database to disk, but this seems like a laborious process. If
that is the only solution, how often should that database be
backed up? In the event of a total disaster, where I might need
to replace both my server *and* my 3494, how would I go about
reconstructing the environment that existed prior to the
disaster?

-- Tom
"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>