ADSM-L

Applying fixes - what bff to use ?

1996-11-21 13:21:20
Subject: Applying fixes - what bff to use ?
From: Steven Bridge <ccaasub AT UCL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:21:20 +0000
I have recently installed ADSM for the first time on an aix 4.1
machine. I thought it would be desirable to apply all currently
available fixes to the version I have now before I start setting it
up and testing things. But it is not clear to me what bff(s) from
the ftp server I should use.

My base install from the cd-rom was at level 2.1.5.6
There is a v2r1m0f10.IP20938.bff whose README.ftp file states that
the update is for ADSM Version 2.1.0. Is it OK to use this when my
installed level is greater than 2.1.0 ?

If not, there are v2r1m5f10.U... and v2r1m5f11.U... bffs but these
only contain fixes since the previous level and the ftp server does not
hold v2r1m5f9, v2r1m5f8 and v2r1m5f7 any longer.

Any advice received with thanks.

 Steven Bridge     Systems Group, Information Systems Division
                          University College London