ADSM-L

Capturing Output from Admin Schedule Command

1996-11-20 10:48:32
Subject: Capturing Output from Admin Schedule Command
From: Joseph Standaert <joseph.standaert AT TELOPS.GTE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:48:32 -0500
I would like to have an administrative schedule defined, which
periodically does space accounting for nodes and appends to MVS dataset,
for billing purposes.  If I perform interactively, under Windows admin
client, V2 MVS server, the command would be:

Q OCC * * >> C:\ACCOUNT.TXT

Can this be set up as scheduled admin command or macro and output to MVS
dataset? I am assuming type=admin schedules are run as MVS batch admin
sessions on MVS server?

I have tried "Q OCC * * >> MVS.DSN" in a schedule (doesn't recognize " >>"
option)
I have tried adding OPT=-OUTF=MVS.DSN (doesn't recognize OPT=)

Can this be done... or do I need regular MVS scheduled Batch-TSO job to
execute as MVS TSO admin client?

Thanks..

Joe Standaert
joestand AT gte DOT net