ADSM-L

Re: passwordaccess generate

1996-11-20 08:37:49
Subject: Re: passwordaccess generate
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 14:37:49 +0100
Hi,

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Joe Morris wrote:

> I've setup a few UNIX clients with the "passwordaccess generate" option in
> the dsm.sys file.  However, it still prompts for the password each and
> every time.  I mainly want the scheduler to be able to start up without
> needing a password, but do not want to put it in the command line so that
> "ps" could grab it.
>
> Is there some trick to making it work?

You have to start the client as root user for the first time. Then
the password is being stored crypted in a system file (in AIX it is
/etc/security/adsm/ADSM).

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany