ADSM-L

Re: DB Backups keep using tapes?

1996-11-20 03:09:28
Subject: Re: DB Backups keep using tapes?
From: Heiko Andresen <andresen AT DRESDNERBANK DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:09:28 +0100
>=20
> With every DB backup, ADSM wants a new, fresh backup tape to write that
> information.  How does one configure ADSM to keep appending to a previo=
us
> tape.  This is eating media left and right and only taking up a fractio=
> of the capacity.
>=20
> Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
> Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development
>=20

As far as I know appending to previously used tapes is not possible. Anyw=
ay,
I had the same problem and managed it by the delete volhistory command.
Syntax is: delete volhistory tod=3Dtoday-daysofretentionperiod type=3Ddbb

--=20
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
  ** **    Dresdner Bank AG             Voice: ++49 69 263 10276
 **   **   OR IT-SY B                     FAX: ++49 69 263 5062
  *****    Windm=FChlstr. 14
           D-60301 Frankfurt am Main