ADSM-L

Re: MagStar drives and 3494 Library

1996-11-19 11:41:52
Subject: Re: MagStar drives and 3494 Library
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:41:52 -0600
     A we are the other extream here at Amoco in that I've seen 3590 tapes
     in our 3494 that have 80 GB of user file space... but our biggest
     clients are Oracle DB's and new ones at that... (so a lot of empty
     space for growth)  Currently we have two (2) adsm environments, are
     just days away from our third and only a couple of months away from
     our forth (which will be in Houston) and our fifth (which will be in
     Chicago).  Here in Tulsa our existing 2 contain eleven plus (11+)
     terabytes of data and we haven't even put a dent in our tape storage.
     Our distributed environment project hit the ground running and grew
     MUCH faster than planned.  A few of us here involved in backups kind'a
     guess-duh-mated that and padded our ADSM server requirements and it
     has kept up no problem.  Where other groups have been adding servers
     almost weekly (had a note on a new pair that will have 2 terabytes of
     storage) our initial ADSM servers are keeping up.  The only additions
     we have done would be to increase the number of tape drives in the
     ATL's and that is because we only started with two (2) because we were
     unsure of their performance... but as the above indicates, we are
     happy with them....
     later
          Dwight

Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime