ADSM-L

thought I might ask...

1996-11-15 12:38:46
Subject: thought I might ask...
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:38:46 -0600
Before I call this in for support..

Every morning at 9AM I fire up the following admin schedule:

backup stg dltpool offsitepool

My offsitepool has plenty of tapes in the filling and empty status, and are
all 'available'.

The process asks to mount a filling volume, and then gets a message:

ANR8341I End-of-volume reached for DLT volume OFF009.

This is within 2 minutes of mounting the tape.

It then asks for another tape in the 'filling' status, and again within two
minutes gets the same error as above.

The process terminates with the following messages:

ANR1221E BACKUP STGPOOL: Process 1 terminated -
                      insufficient space in target copy storage pool.

ANR1214I Backup of primary storage pool DLTPOOL to copy
                      storage pool OFFSITEPOOL has ended.  Files Backed Up: 0,
                      Bytes Backed Up: 0, Unreadable Files: 0, Unreadable

There are 4 tapes that have empty status, and there are at least 20 tapes that
are in 'filling'.  The process fails in less than 5 minutes.

The real funny thing is, that if I run the command by hand, it seems to run
normally, asking for tapes that are 'empty' and going on.

I also think that if the process gets ANR8341I that it should mark the
volume 'FULL' and go on.

Bob
ok.