ADSM-L

ADSM API/ADSMPIPE

1996-11-14 16:02:28
Subject: ADSM API/ADSMPIPE
From: Steve Strutt <steve_strutt AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 16:02:28 EST
Has anybody tried running multiple instances of the ADSMPIPE API
application at the same time? I'm working with a customer who wants to
backup several raw partitions on a large Cray UNIX server in parallel
to maximise throughput. We seem to be only able to get one going at a
time.

Does anyone know if this is a limitation of ADSMPIPE or the API? Our next
try will be to copy all the executables and API code into another
directory and executing a second instance from there. Has anybody tried
this?

Steve Strutt, IBM Enterprise Systems, UK

Steve Strutt
Enterprise Systems Technical Support                   7-433608
ADSM and Data Management Solutions                0171-202-3608
GBIBMHND @ IBMMAIL                      STEVE_STRUTT AT UK.IBM DOT COM