ADSM-L

ADSM and Oracle 7.3 on raw

1996-11-14 15:04:44
Subject: ADSM and Oracle 7.3 on raw
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:04:44 EST
Tina, yes, you are correct.  There is an different version of Oracle's EBU,
7.0.12, that is required for 7.3, which is due out shortly.  There has been
an ADSM developer rerunning the test scenarios on 7.3 over the last month.

I wasn't aware the SQL-BackTrack didn't work with 7.3....I've sent your
comment to Randy Helmonds, one of my contacts at DataTools, asking him to
contact you directly....his email is randyh AT datatools DOT com.

If neither ebu or backtrack are ready, then your other alternative for online
backup is to use Oracle's alter tablespace begin and end backup commands
with the "as-is" adsmpipe utility.  One thing we are updating in the redbook
is that adsmpipe can be used for online backups with Oracle....thanks to
a customer in the UK who has done this and gave us some feedback!
But, adsmpipe is not an official part of the adsm product....
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)