ADSM-L

Re: 2 questions

1996-11-12 22:04:15
Subject: Re: 2 questions
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 23:04:15 -0400
On Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:11:24 +0000, Dr. Karl Molter wrote:

>1. In the backup copy one can specify the number of versions of a file to keep
>in the backup storage pool. But how do I refer to a specific backup version of
>a file when doing a restore with dsm?

You can use the -pick parameter so you get a list and then choose
which one.

>2. How do I add volumes to a storage pool?
>   I have an exabyte 440 connected to the adsm server.
>   query stgpool shows the following:

I don't recall you mentioned what you are using for your server. If
there is a GUI adminstrative client for that server that would be the
easiest. I am not sure, but I think you can connect the GUI
administrative clients to any servers (ie an OS/2 administrator
computer for a Unix box). I think there is also a Windows Admin
client now.

That tape unit you mentioned is a that an autoloader? If so why don't
you use whatever settings you used for the first tape pool?  I don't
have an autoloader, so I don't know how things work, but from
skimping on the docs when I was creating my pools I think you had to
specify the tapes in the autoloader that you wanted to belong to a
particular pool.