ADSM-L

ADSM and informix

1996-11-12 15:28:34
Subject: ADSM and informix
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 15:28:34 EST
>ADSMers,
>I just found out that next week we will be ordering Informix 7.2.1
>w/OnBar functionality.  Does anyone know if the ADSM XOpen api is
>available for OnBar?   I remember during the teleconference a few
>months ago, it was said that it was not available yet. Does anyone have
>an update on that.   Thanks...
>Larry Abbinante
>labbinante AT ual DOT com

Larry, the x/open api is available on AIX and Solaris.  We plan later to
provide an HP-UX version.  You should use the latest client PTF, 2.1.0.5
(PTF 5).  And also use the latest server V2 ptf 10 to be on the safe side.

We are in the process of documenting onbar usage with ADSM in
an updated database redbook, SG24-4335-02 (to be published end of Dec/beg of
January).  If you need help before then, let me know and I can send you a draft
of the section...but it has not undergone technical review yet so I don't
want to make it available to everyone yet.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM - SanJose)