ADSM-L

Using an alternate dsm.sys

1996-11-12 12:46:07
Subject: Using an alternate dsm.sys
From: Digest Info Refcard <Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:46:07 -0500
We are adding several new Sun Solaris 2.4 ADSM clients to our ADSM
configuration.  These clients will invoke ADSM from a shared drive that will
be mounted to each workstation at boot time.  We need a way to direct the
clients to an alternate dsm.sys file.  The dsm.sys file will be customized
for each client to direct the schedule logs to a directory
on the shared volume.  I can direct the client to a separate option file
(dsm.opt) file using the DSM_CONFIG environment variable.  Is there a
similar solution for the dsm.sys file?  I could not find any reference to a
related variable in the ADSM program manual(s).  Any suggestions will be
appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

DanC
Daniel G. Crouse
Software Information Services, Inc.
Email:  Dan.Crouse AT MAILPORT.DELTA-AIR DOT COM
Vmail:  800-233-6838
Voice:  404-714-5754
  Fax:  770-682-7739