ADSM-L

Re: 3490 Tapes

1996-11-07 15:01:11
Subject: Re: 3490 Tapes
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 14:01:11 -0600
     Look at your device definition for the 3490 drives... during the
     define devclass you have the ability to set the guess-duh-mation for
     the device via the estcapacity=blah
      Below is the help table from ADSM:
     | Table 43. ADSM Estimated Capacity for Cartridge Tape               |
     +-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------+
     | TAPE FORMAT           | MEDIA TYPE            | ESTIMATED CAPACITY |
     +-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------+
     | 3480                  | CST                   | 180MB              |
     +-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------+
     | 3480XF                | CST                   | 180MB (see note)   |
     +-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------+
     | 3490B                 | CST                   | 360MB              |
     +-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------+
     | 3490C                 | CST                   | 360MB (see note)   |
     | 3490B                 | ECCST                 | 720MB              |
     | 3490C                 | ECCST                 | 720MB (see note)   |
     |NOTE: This format uses the tape drive hardware compression feature, |
     |depending on the effectiveness of compression the actual capacity   |
     | may be greater than the listed value.                              |