ADSM-L

adsm export using FILE devclass

1996-11-06 18:34:07
Subject: adsm export using FILE devclass
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 15:34:07 PST
All right, it's time for me to confess and repent.  I told Deb Young
that one option for moving server data from an MVS to AIX server was
to use the FILE devclass on each and transfer the data.  Since I made
that append I have been told that exporting with FILE devclass and
importing to a server on a different operating system type has NOT
been tested and is thought NOT to work.  Thus it sounds like your
only option (Deb) is to start backups to the new server.

I am sorry for the misinformation...I even checked into it before I
made the append.  Sorry...greg tevis