ADSM-L

ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP20863

1996-11-06 14:23:39
Subject: ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP20863
From: Betsy Moir <Elizabeth.Moir AT VM.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:23:39 -0600
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

I also had the same experience, and I don't know what files were left behind.
My problem is that I downloaded this version because we were unable to use the
optfile= option with the older versions, and we have all our Windows 95 and NT
workstation users run off a server and store their optfiles on the server as
well.  I STILL can't get the optfile= option to work.  Has anyone managed to
make this work with IP20863 ADSM 32-bit client?

If we put in
    -optfile=pathname
we get an invalid option/value error ANS4111E

If we put in
    optfile=pathname   (without the dash)
we get a TCP/IP connection failure

If we leave out the optfile= option altogether and let it find the dsm.opt
everything works just fine.

We REALLY need to be able to specify a pathname for the options files.  If
anybody has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Betsy
*** Forwarding note from OWNERAD1--INTERNET 96/11/06 10:23 ***

TO:          INTERNET  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
FROM: OWNERAD1 INTERNET  OWNER-ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
DATE: 11/06/96 10:23
SUBJECT: ADSM install on NT client using 32 bit ADSM at IP20863
COPYLIST:
Abstract: Install of 32-bit Windows/NT ADSM client code 2.1 lev5
Hi,,,I just pulled down ADSM Software for 32bit Windows/NT ptf level
IP20863.
Question:  When installing the software on a client I
get to disk 4 and  half way through or so. I get a pop up window stating
"Some files could not be installed because they are currently in use by
other programs in the system ...etc...."  It asks me if I want to
reboot my machine now or wait.  After rebooting I tested the new version
and it looks fine.  What files did I not unload? And what do I have to
do to get them loaded?  What files were in use?  Has anyone ran into this.

  Any help would be appreciated...Thanks Don L.