ADSM-L

Unable to reclaim volumes

1996-11-05 13:40:51
Subject: Unable to reclaim volumes
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:40:51 PST
>I run an ADSM 2.1 server on AIX4.1 with two single drive DLT libraries
>I've set up a copy stgpool on one library and a primary backup/archive
>stgpool on the other library. I keep a few (1-5) copy volumes online
>while there are about 35 copy volumes offsite.

>I've set up a reclaimation threshold of 80 on the copy stgpool and
>there are now several offsite copy volumes that have 80 or more pct
>reclaimable space, but reclaimation never occurs. As I read the
>manual reclaimation should happen automatically once the threshold
>is reached. Nothing is logged in actlog either.

APAR IC14216 describes the problem in which offsite volumes are not
reclaimed if the copy storage pool is associated with a single-drive
library with a mount limit of 1.  The fix is available in PTF level 10.
As a workaround, you should be able to manually reclaim volumes
using the Move Data command.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development