ADSM-L

ADSM & Lotus Notes DBs

2015-10-04 18:12:14
Subject: ADSM & Lotus Notes DBs
From: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: higmx.oas at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 10/31/96 11:36PM
Date: 10/31/96 5:07PM
I think this may have been answered already today, but let me clarify just to
be sure.  My e-mail and network were a disaster today - I think the ghosts and
goblins were visiting Hartford big time today.

I also was talking about the server, although it could be run on a client.

On a Notes Server, you would still run the ADSM client as a regular scheduled
process.  It backs up all .NSF Notes DBs, through the API as has been
described already.

The rest of the Server should be backed up as you normally would with ADSM.
Of course you would exclude the NSF files from this.  every so often (perhaps
once a week) - you run a backup of the .NSF files with the regular ADSM
client.  This allows you to have a fallback point - if the whole DB is
destroyed, you can restore from the last regular backup, then restore the
individual documents through the server administrator.

Although it hasn't been stated, the two clients (the regular OS/2 client and
the Notes Agent) do not communicate with each other - they are independent.
That's the main reason why you do the weekly backups with the regular client,
and then do the documents with the Notes client.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com