ADSM-L

ADSM client won't start on HP-UX 9.01

1996-10-29 06:13:05
Subject: ADSM client won't start on HP-UX 9.01
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 12:13:05 +0100
We have a problem with an ADSM client (version 2.1.0.3) running on HP-UX
version A.09.01:  It won't start when the machine is rebooted.

To start the ADSM client I appended this line at the end of /etc/inittab:

adsmschd::once:/usr/adsm/dsmc sched >/dev/null 2>&1 #ADSM scheduler

Such a line works with AIX 4.1.4, but not so with HP-UX, the ADSM
process doesn't appear (but there is a core dump) :-(   Starting ADSM
manually with the above command works just fine !

Does anyone out there know how to trick HP-UX into starting ADSM
from /etc/inittab ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole

Ole Holm Nielsen
UNI-C, Building 304
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT uni-c DOT dk or Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 35 87 89 65