ADSM-L

Re: Remote tape & robotics

1996-10-25 00:01:49
Subject: Re: Remote tape & robotics
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 00:01:49 -0400
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Paul Zarnowski wrote:

> We are investigating the possibility of remotely attaching
> tape+robotics to our ADSM server.  I.e., having a set of drives+robot
> in a different building than the server, attached via fiber or
> something.  If anyone has done this, or looked into it, I would very
> much like to have a conversation with you.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
> Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
> Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601

Hi Paul,

I have adsm server on RS/6000. I Know that IBM has product called Nettape
who permit to access tape and robotic on a remote. I Kkow too, that adsm
server support this access across nettape. I commanded this product and
i'll tryed in few week.

I give you come back ....

Yves Tremblay,
University of Sherbrooke