ADSM-L

ADSM accounting or user chargeback

2015-10-04 18:12:49
Subject: ADSM accounting or user chargeback
From: Bohnsack, JA Jim 6030[SMTP:BohnsackJA AT GVL.ESYS DOT COM]
To: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
We would like to find out what other shops do about charging for the =
ADSM
service.  Is it just considered to be general overhead?  Is the charge =
by
client?  Is the charge by the number of files backed up or archived?  By =
the
number of K, M, or T-bytes?  Do you have a way of determining and =
charging
for occupancy?

We have a monthly charge based on number of files stored and also a =
charge for the amount of data transferred.  We do not charge on the =
basis of the amount of data stored, because the data are soon migrated =
to tape, which is cheap.