ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Notes Agent

2015-10-04 18:12:49
Subject: Re: ADSM Notes Agent
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 10/23/96 9:34AM
>  Our backups have been taking way too long, for some of our servers,
> and the questionability of the the backups that we do get for our Notes
>  servers has come up.

This brings up a point I have been very curious about, but unable to pursue.
We have some very large Notes data bases, and have been afraid to use the
Notes client because it is "perceived" that the backups will be slower using
the Notes client due to the overhead of the API, and ultimately what Notes
adds to the process.  Has anyone actually done a study to find out what the
overhead is, and compare full backups of Notes DBs to using the client?

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com