ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Notes Agent

1996-10-22 23:39:07
Subject: Re: ADSM Notes Agent
From: "Paul C. Beck" <beckpau AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:39:07 EST
Addressed to: Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
              David Killingsworth <david_w_killingsworth AT AMOCO DOT COM>

** Reply to note from "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:32:00 -0500

> David Killingsworth <david_w_killingsworth AT AMOCO DOT COM>

>     I was wondering is there anyone out there running the Notes Agent on a
>     Lotus Notes version 4 server?

>     All of the documentation only mentiones Release 3.

   You must have Notes R4.1, or later.  Lotus blew up the API on the R4.0
release.

>     If so, Which platform are you running it on?

   The ADSM Notes Agent is only available on OS/2.  I've been told IBM is
hoping to have
a Not There version in the 'second quarter' 1997.

   I found that when we upgraded our Notes servers, to R4.11a from R4.1, that
we had to
upgrade the ADSM/2 Notes Agent to V2.1.5.  IBM recommends you run V2.1.4 at
minimum on R4.1.

   A word of warning - we are still running the ADSM/2 V1.2.9 server and, when
we upgraded
the Notes Agent, we also upgraded the OS/2 client code to V2.1.5.  We could not
get the
V2.1.5 OS/2 client scheduler to run with the V1.2.9 OS/2 server.  Backup and
restore with the
client and Notes agent seem to work fine but, we regressed the OS/2 client so
we could
continue to use the scheduler.  The V2.1.5 OS/2 client (and scheduler) run fine
with the V2.1
Beta OS/2 server.

22:38:22    10/22/96
22:38:22    10/22/96