ADSM-L

Re: The infamous ftp server

1996-10-22 03:27:24
Subject: Re: The infamous ftp server
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <ohnielse AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:27:24 MET
Jacquelyn Reith <jreith AT VNET.IBM DOT COM> wrote:

> We are really getting close now to getting index.storsys.ibm.com up
> to snuff.  Over the next few days as we are moving to the new line
> and doing a bit of software maintenance, you may see some down time
> and other strange problems with index.  At times it will be running
> on a backup machine and the ability to write to the incoming
> directory will be missing.
>
> I apologize heartily for these additional difficulties with our ftp
> server but we should all be much happier in just a few days.

Can you explain to a wondering customer why it is that IBM hasn't
decided to put (or just mirror) the ADSM fixes onto the IBM FixDist
servers ?  Noone at IBM seems to take up this point, even though it is
obviously the best solution for the customers on Internet.

Best regards,
Ole H. Nielsen
Technical University of denmark

Ole Holm Nielsen
UNI-C, Building 304
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: Ole.H.Nielsen AT uni-c DOT dk or Ole.H.Nielsen AT fysik.dtu DOT dk
WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/persons/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 35 87 89 65