ADSM-L

Re: adsm and tivoli

1996-10-17 10:42:17
Subject: Re: adsm and tivoli
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:42:17 EDT
On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:19:58 -0400 Monte Ambrose said:
>Hello ADSM folks.
>I have a customer that wants to install ADSM V2 server on AIX V4.1.4
>IBM sent him a CD with Tivoli on it.  Tivoli supposedly includes ADSM.
>One IBM'r indicated that ADSM could not be installed from this cd if
>Tivoli was also not going to be used.  My customer will not be using
>any other product sent with Tivoli.  All he wants is the ADSM V2 server
>for AIX.  He was told that he would need to order ADSM seperately.  Is
>this correct?  If so what is the number to call to reorder the correct
>CD for ADSM?  Any comments would be appreciated.
>Thank You,  Monte
>Dickens Data Systems.

We installed ADSM off of a SystemView CD, and it works fine.  We did not
install any of the rest of SystemView on our ADSM system.  I believe that
SystemView is the same thing as TME, at this point in time.  It seems to
me that you should be able to just install ADSM (or TME-ADSM or whatever
they call it) off of the Tivoli CD.

This is NOT a definitive answer - you'll have to get that from IBM!