ADSM-L

Re: MULTIPLE ADSTAR SERVERS SHARING 3494 W/4 3590S

1996-10-17 06:53:25
Subject: Re: MULTIPLE ADSTAR SERVERS SHARING 3494 W/4 3590S
From: Detlev Hilberg <hilberg AT RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 12:53:25 +0200
HI,

you might also want to have a look at 'NetTape:'

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/software/sp_products/nettape.html

It allows for sharing Tape drives to multiple Host.
This includes direct tape acces and sharing with ADSM.

We are also interested in it, as we are in the process
of planning our new backup solution and the usage of
two strong servers on the same 3494 would be one possibility
(These two servers would be File- _and_ ADSM-Servers, so that we
could use the Shared memory transport for faster backup too).

So we are also interested in any experiences out there with
multiple servers sharing the same silo!

Bye,
/dh